Saturday, September 13, 2014

Chapter 1: My so called life

Camden came into the world like any other in these circumstances. The Watchers convened, Willow Creek needed help, and Camden found himself on an empty lot with very little money in his pockets, and let's just say he wasn't pleased.
...

Hello, my name is Camden Pearce, quintessential computer geek who loves his family, a quick learner, self-assured, who can't seem to get his face out of book. A geek; who aspires to be a computer whiz. I don't find my life to be all that interesting, in fact I'm not even sure how long I've lived it. My memory just starts at an empty lot with the desire to find a job, a wife, and start a family. I will say the beginning kind of sucked.




Not a penny to my name (well okay about  180,000 pennies but who's counting? that's practically zero). My so called life seemed to consist of sleeping at the Museum, showering in the gym, and hitting up the library to get my computer fix (computer whiz in training remember). I can honestly say I didn't enjoy a minute of it. I mean it was downright horrible. How is anyone supposed to live like this? Thank the Watchers the night club gave away free chips! And was open all day not just at night!

And just when I thought I couldn't take another second of it, a face served me a bowl of chips, and I knew. It was her, the reason I kept dealing with this awful existence, it was her.



Kira....Kira...Kira, I can't stop saying her name.  Kira Kauffman, what a beautiful name, what a beautiful girl. I asked her out and she said yes! It was a night full of good times, insatiable flirting, and pure romance. It just seemed right.



 
So right, that I just couldn't wait. I took her out back, and when it seemed right, I proposed. As you can guess she was just as sure about it as I was, and she merrily accepted. We didn't waste anytime either, we eloped right then and there.



 Mr. and Mrs. Pearce, could it get any better?



 Well, she came with a §20,000 (or you know 2,000,000 pennies! I have 2,000,000 pennies to my name, millionaire!) dowry, and we used it to build ourselves a quaint little house. That brings me to my life today. Happily married, and finally getting over the injustice of the Watchers sending me on this nonsensical mission, but hey, it can only go up from here right? right?



Kira was finally settling into her new life and her new home, and decided to check into a new career. Camden had become a computer programmer and was doing really well, but in order to maintain their new home, she would need to find a job as well. She was in the library researching when she met one Rylee Villa.

R: "Hello dear, I couldn't help but notice how young you looked and what you were doing on the computer. My name is Rylee Villa. I think I have an opportunity you may find quite fascinating."

K: "Thank you Ms. Villa, but I'm quite alright on my own."
R: "Don't be silly dear, listen. I am getting quite old, and you know this body can't do quite what it used to, this poor old bitty is aging quicker than I'd like. I work for a top secret government agency, and, well, I don't expect to be in this world much longer. Someone like you though, all young and spry, you'd be a great replacement I think."
K: "I don't know.... I've only just met you, are you messing with me?"

Rylee was not messing with her, and before long she was inducted as a secret agent, starting from the bottom of course. Camden couldn't know either, to him Rylee was just the kookie old lady who wandered over to their home every now and then. 



M1: "Oh look it's that old bat Mrs. Villa, strange old quack isn't she?"
M2: "Yeah, every time I see her she's stalking around the town, watching everyone, I wonder what that's about?"
C: "Who Rylee? She's best friends with my wife, I agree she's a little strange, but I wouldn't go as far as to call her a quack?"
M1: "Haha, man you don't know the half of it, you're new to Willow Creek aren't you?"
C: "Well yeah, but she's at my house all the time, I think I could make an opinion of my own."
M2: "Wait so you're telling me you hang out with her regularly and on purpose? hahaha, oh man, I feel for you, you might want to watch your stuff, I wouldn't be surprised if weird things start happening around your house. You might want to keep your wife away from her too."
C: "Hmm, I don't know."

At that moment Rylee walked over to the table with the men
R: "Ah, Camden, dearie, what are you doing here? Is that wonderful wife of yours hanging about"
C: "Hi Rylee, we can't justify the expense of a computer, so I do my programming work here, Kira's at home, what are you doing here?"
R: "hehe, oh you know, checking out the locals, teehee, can't get enough of these people, they keep me entertained all day long... oh my I think I see Mr. Landgrabb coming up the walk, I do love to watch him. Please, excuse me, it was nice to see you my dear boy, do send your wife my love."
C: "My wife? Your love? Do you have a thing for my wife?"
R: "Oh dear me.. don't be silly...."

And with that she walked away, Camden scratching his head wondering what brought him to this place with all these strange people.

1 comment: